Friday, July 15, 2011

What I've learned

Well I obviously learned the basics of blogging but I also learned that I still can't figure out part of my website that I would like to incorporate. Toni Ramey (from MonkeyShines) has these great tabs at the top of her page. I would need 7 tabs (K-6) at the top of my page so I can post grade specific information as needed. It would also eliminate some of the searching/reading for parents... so if anyone can help or walk me through how to do that, I would be most appreciative.

I would like to have this blog be linked to or replace my BPS website. I find it very challenging to update and post information for all 7 grade levels and make sure that it is relevant and time sensitive (i.e. no longer shows when the date has passed). I am on my personal blog at least once a day and could easily post information to parents/students each day.

This blog will hopefully become an integral piece of my classroom. I would like to use it to post assignments, field trips, pictures, videos, projects, speeches/presentations and also receive communication from parents if needed.

I am hopeful that we will be able to continue using these blogs throughout the upcoming school year and gain access to them through our school internet.

Sincerely,
Kathryn Thomson

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! Have you tried going to "design," then "add a gadget" and clicking on "pages"? This should allow you to add the pages at the top. Then you can edit or add pages under posting. You can also edit your pages under design. I hope this helps, if not, let me know and we will work through it.

    ReplyDelete